Module 5: Trends in Censorship by Private Actors
Advanced Modules on Digital Rights and Freedom of Expression Online in sub-Saharan Africa
Back to Training Hub
- To provide an overview of the current ways in which non-state actors are facilitating online censorship.
- To provide an overview of the fundamental international and regional legal principles that are implicated as a result of censorship.
- To understand the implications of net neutrality.
- To examine the misuse of intermediary liability to curb expression and access.
- To understand the development and implications for the right to be forgotten.
- To identify the monitoring obligations of search engines and platforms.