Module 2: Restricting Access and Content
Advanced Modules on Digital Rights and Freedom of Expression Online
- To provide an overview of the current mechanisms through which access to the internet and access to content is restricted.
- To provide an overview of the fundamental international and regional legal principles.
- To understand the different rights implications of such restrictions.
- To set out the limitations of implicated rights and explore the justifiability of the measures adopted by states.
- To identify practical ways to deal with restrictions.