Module 4: Privacy and Security Online
Advanced Modules on Digital Rights and Freedom of Expression Online in sub-Saharan Africa
This module aims:
- To provide an overview of the right to privacy.
- To set out data protection principles and explain data retention.
- To identify emerging issues in communications surveillance.
- To explain the rights-related concerns about biometrics and facial recognition.
- To unpack the relationship between encryption and anonymity.
- To set out the principles of journalistic source protection.
- To identify emerging issues in online harassment.