Module 3: Criminalisation of Online Speech
Advanced Modules on Digital Rights and Freedom of Expression Online
- To provide an overview of the criminalisation of online speech.
- To set out the applicable international human rights standards and an overview of fundamental international and regional legal principles.
- To understand the impact of criminalisation on freedom of expression and to identify legitimate purposes for limiting freedom of expression.
- To set out and to examine the different forms of criminalisation, including hate speech, cybercrime and disinformation.
- To identify practical ways to deal with the competing interests of criminality and free speech.