Media Defence is hiring for a Legal Officer, to join our talented Legal Team. In this role, you will:
- conduct strategic litigation
- provide case support to lawyers representing media and (citizen) journalists
- deliver trainings on media law and strategic litigation
- help assess grant applications, and
- help with communications via social media and through other channels, working closely with the Legal Director, Senior Legal Officers and Legal and Grants Officer.
Please see full job description:
To apply for this role, please email your CV and covering letter referencing ‘Legal Officer’ to: email@example.com.
Closing date: 23 July 2021.
Interviews will be held on the week commencing 26 July 2021.
Lawmakers, academics and citizens are becoming increasingly aware of the threat posed by disinformation and malinformation. ‘Disinformation’ refers to falsehoods spread deliberately to stoke distrust or promote an agenda. It is a widespread issue, overshadowing elections everywhere from Brazil to the USA, fuelling hate speech, such as in India, and impacting stock prices around the […]
This article was written by Esma Yasar, a Kurdish lawyer working for Media Defence’s partner organisation TOHAV. Esma Yasar took part in Media Defence’s fellowship programme, which hosts human rights lawyers from our funded partner organisations all over the world. Freedom of Expression and Press Freedom in Turkey Turkey is one of the most restrictive […]
We are looking for a talented Human Resources and Operations Manager to coordinate our Human Resources, Information Technology and Office Management. About Media Defence Media Defence is a charity that helps media to defend their rights. We support independent media, journalists and citizen journalists who are under legal threat by making sure that lawyers are […]