Media Defence is hiring for a Legal Officer, to join our talented Legal Team. In this role, you will:
- conduct strategic litigation
- provide case support to lawyers representing media and (citizen) journalists
- deliver trainings on media law and strategic litigation
- help assess grant applications, and
- help with communications via social media and through other channels, working closely with the Legal Director, Senior Legal Officers and Legal and Grants Officer.
Please see full job description:
To apply for this role, please email your CV and covering letter referencing ‘Legal Officer’ to: email@example.com.
Closing date: 23 July 2021.
Interviews will be held on the week commencing 26 July 2021.
Journalist Mamunur Rashid Nomani, editor of the local online news portal Barishal Khobor, has been charged with violating Bangladesh’s Digital Security Act (DSA), following an accusation claiming that he secretly filmed the mayor of Barisal and his family. Nomani rejects this, alleging instead that he and two of his acquaintances – Kamrul Mridha, working for […]
As part of Media Defence’s project Empowering Women in Digital Rights Advocacy, we are building a strong legal defence network in sub-Saharan Africa. To achieve this goal, we are providing financial assistance to organisations to establish legal aid units or media defence centres. We are excited to announce that, as part of this project, we are extending […]
This year marks Media Defence’s 15th anniversary. To celebrate this milestone, we will be taking a look at the ways in which freedom of expression has been threatened around the world, and how we have sought to protect it. The internet has become an essential part of modern life. It has transformed the way we […]