Volunteer with us! MLDI is seeking a communications and digital engagement volunteer
MLDI is looking for a volunteer to assist it with its communications and digital engagement. The volunteer should be available for a minimum of 3 days a week for 3 months.
The ideal candidate will be highly organised, able to work independently, familiar with communications and digital engagement and interested in human rights and freedom of expression. Willingness to undertake some routine administrative tasks is crucial.
Communications and digital engagement projects may be devised in collaboration with the volunteer, which will aim to assist the organisation in fulfilling its strategic objectives, while making the best use of the volunteer’s own skills, interests and experience.
Volunteering at MLDI can provide valuable experience and you will receive work references at the completion of your assignment. However, please note that volunteering does not lead directly to employment with MLDI.
The successful volunteer would be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Developing supporter journeys
- Databases: Maintaining and updating supporter information
- Social media: Monitor and update social media platforms
- Drafting press releases, newsletters and other communications
- Assisting with organising public events
We would expect the successful volunteers to have the following skills and experience:
- Interest in and knowledge of human rights and freedom of expression
- Background through study, work or other experience in a relevant area, such as journalism, communications, PR, digital marketing.
- Commitment to MLDI’s mandate.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and to multi-task.
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
NB: Only applicants who have eligibility, i.e. EU citizens or foreign students with a right to study and work in the UK, will be considered for the above post.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter detailing how you meet the person specification to email@example.com. Closing date 11 March 2017.
(MLDI also has limited opportunities for short term volunteer placements in our legal department. For more information please click here)